Old April 14th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Drew Dalgleish

Default Compass trouble

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:15:41 -0400, Jay Somerset
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:11:59 GMT, (Drew

Swinging a compass in 15 minutes may be possible if no corrections are
needed but to create a new card properly requires 8 points instead of
just 4. chasing stray magnetism can take up a lot of time. Unless you
have other reasons to believe that your mechanic is incompetent or
trying to screw you then I'd be inclinded to trust him.

If you look at a deviation card, I think you'll find it takes 12
points -- every 30 degrees, not every 45 degrees.
--
Jay (remove dashes for legal email address)

You're right Jay I was thinking 8 extra but that's obviously not what
I wrote.