Old April 29th 14, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default wing tape

I use Scotch 3M 35 White Vinyl Electrical Tape at $3 per roll, which I think is the US equivalent to what Martin described.

-John, Q3

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:56:55 AM UTC-4, Martin Gregorie wrote:
I use Maplins electrical white insulation tape. At 19mm x 33m long its
wide enough if put on with care and 7.54 p/m and the shop is on my way to
the airfield.

I notice that Severn Valley Sailplanes also sell 19mm x 33m wing tape at
6.79 p/m but of course there will be P&P added. What's the betting its
the same stuff as Maplins sell? SVS also supply tape in 25mm and 38mm
widths. Maplins only do 19mm tape.