Old May 1st 14, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark628CA

Default wing tape

I find it laughable when I see somebody using cheap crappy tape on their $60,000+ glider after they drive up in the $40,000+ SUV. What are you saving? Maybe a nickel a flight? Oh, and don't forget the real misers who SAVE said crappy tape to use the next day, with the additional benefit of the dirt that collects on the sticky side.

I prefer the Bowlus Maxi-Tape. It is by far the best stuff out there, and I saved my money by building a $75,000 hangar. Since I only have to tape up two or three times a year, I expect my investment to pay off about the time the Sun burns out.