Old July 12th 03, 07:23 PM
Gareth Mottram

Keith Willshaw wrote:
"Peter Twydell" wrote in message

In article , 87015
writes

Many years back I recall a Sea Harrier landing on a container ship or

such

rather than ditch in the sea. There was a two page spread about it in the
magazine "Air Pictorial" a few weeks after the incident. This was in the

late

1980's.

Of course I do know (and have seen the photos) of the 1960's trials with

C-130 on a USN carrier.

But has it happened at all apart from these two incidents? Anyone know?

T.

ISTR pictures of an Auster landing on or taking off from an RN carrier.

Weren't there trials with a B-N Islander at some stage?
--

Then there are the trials that involved vampires with no undercarriage
and a rubber flight deck, kinky but true

Keith

Seem to recall that it was these experiments that lead to the angled deck.