Old September 18th 03, 03:24 PM
Bill Kambic

"Jim Strand" wrote in message

Are there any Naval instructions available online regarding the
Hurrivac sequence for aircraft?

The only ones I ever knew about were CNATRA instructions governing the
(then) three NASs in the Corpus Christi area. I suspect the "each squadron
for itself" approach would have been impractical when you were dealing with
10 or 11 squadrons, some having as many as 50 aircraft.

We did one when Allen came through South Texas. We had enough volunteers
that a "draft" was not necessary. Mostly the batchelors flew and the brown
baggers stayed. Some went as far as El Paso, but most went into Central and
North Texas bases. Some might have gone to Oklahoma. It's been a long
time!g

Bill Kambic

If, by any act, error, or omission, I have, intentionally or
unintentionally, displayed any breedist, disciplinist, sexist, racist,
culturalist, nationalist, regionalist, localist, ageist, lookist, ableist,
sizeist, speciesist, intellectualist, socioeconomicist, ethnocentrist,
phallocentrist, heteropatriarchalist, or other violation of the rules of
political correctness, known or unknown, I am not sorry and I encourage you
to get over it.

.

ACC USN ret.
NKX, BIKF, NAB, CV-63, NIR