Old October 4th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Backwash Causes Lift?

writes:

Once again, thou knowest not of what thou speakest.

Several others from the treehouse club here have told you the same thing.

No positive AOA, no lift. Learning this is extremely useful to pilots.

I just told you, in apost not long ago, that some airfoils will generate
lift at up to -4° AOA.

No airfoil generates lift at a negative angle of attack.

Here's a graph that shows lift being generated
on some anonymous airfoil at -5°:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lift_coefficient

Would you like me to draw a graph that shows something different and upload it
in place of that one?