Old June 21st 09, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Default First Solo

On Jun 20, 9:24*pm, vic20owner wrote:
Well, It's been about 1 year asked about where to learn to fly gliders
in Central FL on this newsgroup. *Several of you directed me to
Seminole Lake Gliderport, and my mom purchased an intro flight for me
for my 37th birthday 6/21/2008. *I did my 1st flight (my intro) on Dec
12 2008, and today, 06/20/2009, the day before my 38th birthday, I
soloed!

I would just like to thank all of you for the help, advice, and
encouragement. * A new glider pilot has been born. *Yes, I am going to
continue to my PPL. *I understand from my instructor 50% do not
continue training (seems like a waste to me, but ....). I would also
like to thank everyone at Seminole Lake Gliderport in Clermont, FL. *I
am very happy with the staff. I had a great time and made some
friends. *Looking forward to spending a lot of time there.

To bed now, I did not sleep well last night *I have video, but I am
sure you are well familiar with what a Blanik L-23 looks like
landing

Thanks!!!
Tom

Congratulations, AND Happy Birthday Tom!

-Paul