Old March 5th 13, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default 2013 USA Competition Rules Published

Yeah, I learned (most of) them the hard way too, Herb (although I did read them several times). But Start Time Interval is a new one to me. I couldn't find it in the 2013 Sports Class National rules either. What is it?

-John, Q3

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 10:16:33 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Charlie Spratt Story: During my very first contest at Uvalde in '90 I sat through the mandatory pilots meeting and when it was time for questions, I asked Charlie: What's a start time interval? When the laughter subsided, he sat there for a while, rolled his eyes, mumbled something about the idiots coming to these meets without having read any rules and assigned someone to me to explain the basics.

In short Pete, just go to a contest and figure it out! At some level we all did that.

Herb, J7