Old January 5th 18, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default SSA 2018 Rules Finish Penalty

On Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 5:20:45 AM UTC-8, Tango Eight wrote:

Oops, my bad! Missed the /s at the bottom. On the other hand, it provoked a very nice clarification.

AB
9B

Jus' to clarify...

"/s" is internet shorthand for "sarcasm".

I've always been fine with clearly & narrowly defined starts, finishes, total loss of speed points if you miss either gate. The only thing I don't care for on the high finish is that the only place I can see it is inside my cockpit. The old zero agl line finish had a big advantage in that respect. However, on balance, I agree that the high finish solves more problems than it creates.

best,
Evan Ludeman / T8