Old July 19th 19, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hartley Falbaum[_2_]

Default .cai files and windows 10

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 2:33:17 PM UTC-4, Dennis Cavagnaro wrote:
I just got a windows 10 machine and I am having difficulty converting my ..cai files from my Cambridge flight recorder using the caiolc conversion. I can’t drag the file out of the Cambridge Aero Explorer into a folder that I can access with the caiolc converter. Never had this issue with windows 7.

Help!

DC

I have had a similar experience with a M20 Cambridge. The date problem was unfixed, so date is 1999. I couldn't download with SeeYou, but could with Aero Explorer. Couldn't right click copy/paste (it didn't work) and couldn't find the file with file explorer (or whatever it is called) in Win10. File displayed fine in AE. So, on a lark, I moved the file to "demo" in AE, then I opened the file with SeeYou, then saved into my desktop. So, it isn't the .cai file. So, the file is hidden somehow in W10. I'm not sure how to access it.

Hartley