Old January 23rd 20, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Cambridge 302 question

wrote on 1/23/2020 3:00 AM:
Hello Guys. I am restoring another 1-26 and have a spare older 302 I would like to use. Have any of you used that vario without the external TE probe, setting it to the internal compensation mode? The manual for it does’nt recommend it but I would like to save the bother and drag associated with installing an external probe.

I use a 302 with external TE in my other machine and it works great but have never experimented with the internal compensation setting. Any shared experience comments sure welcomed.

It worked well in my ASH 26 E, which has excellent fuselage pitot/static. I did
not use the tail probe because that is badly affected by the prop wash during the
launch.