Old August 15th 14, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Benchmarking Hangar Rent and Trailer Tiedown fees

On Thursday, August 14, 2014 10:49:10 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I am on the Board of Directors for the Sunflower Soaring Foundation. We are a 501c3 qualified organization that owns/operates the Sunflower Gliderport in Kansas. We are currently looking at the rates charged for storing assembled gliders in community hangars and for glider trailers stored on the property. I have visited several club websites, and this information is not readily available or apparent. So I am asking the RAS community for help.

How much do you pay to store an assembled glider in a community hangar at a commercial or privately owned glider port? Please provide as much detail as possible (size of hangar/spot, floor/roof/enclosure, how many other gliders share the space, roof leak)

How much do you pay to tie down your trailer at your favorite gliderport? Again details are appreciated (dirt, concrete, assemble at location or have to move)

Also, if you have variations on the theme - trailers stored in hangars, that information would be helpful.

Please keep responses to the USA.

When I kept my glider at Pleasant Valley Airport (P48) outside Phoenix, it cost me $40/month, in trailer or assembled. That was out in the open, a commercial operation (not a club).

I now have my glider assembled in a big new club hangar on the St Louis Soaring Association field (H07), with the trailer under cover, for $90/month. Hangar holds 10 assembled 15m ships on concrete floor with enough room to pull each one out without moving another glider (mainwheels on dollys). In a pinch we could put in 4 or 5 more, but it would be crowded! Trailers are under a covered area on the side of the hangar allowing them to be quickly hooked up when needed.

Club equipment (10 gliders and 2 towplanes) are in their own (much older) hangar.

Totally worth it to be able to get to the field, pull out the glider, and be ready to fly immediately!

Kirk
66