Old February 4th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IGC Simulator & Google Earth

On Feb 2, 5:42*pm, "Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote:
I'm having a problem that I am almost positive isn't with IGC Simulator but
with Google Earth. *When viewing flights over mountaineous terrain, the
program frequently hangs with the message "Google Earth not Available". *I
suspect that the required terrain data is not being supplied by GE as fast
as IGC Simulator needs it. *Anyone else having this problem?

FYI, I have 5MB/Sec cable access and the problem occurs at all times of the
day/week.

Bill D

...for what it's worth .....
I used to have all sorts of problems with Google Earth and gave up on
it some time ago. However following a modest RAM upgrade [0.5GB to
2.0GB] I now find that it's performance is highly acceptable, nay
wondrous! FYI I am on an 'up to 8Mb' Broadband service.