Old November 12th 19, 06:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default OLC Scoring question

Nick,
Couple more tips:
1- OLC miss recognize start point at about 30% of the time. I’ve seen many olc flights getting scored from takeoff. This can happen from multiple reasons, including going through sink in tow, or tow plane make a circle tight enough that OLC believe you released, or whenever OLC is not able to recognize your release it will pick your takeoff. So first and foremost always check that your start is indeed your release, and if not, change the soaring start time to release time. I wouldn’t be surprised if SeeYou mobile make the same errors, so you can’t completely trust the start point.
2- if you took a tow and then released and glided for some distance to the clouds, you should be able to recognize your release by the breadcrumb color. I believe all flight computers have the option to color your breadcrumbs based on climb rate. Lift is typically red and sink is blue so you can tell where you released.

Ramy