Old November 13th 19, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH

Jonathan, I am with you. I feel your pain.
Dan, with all due respect, please respect yourself and stop with the idiotic comparison of guns to cars, hammers, fires, texting and long list of stupid comparisons. None of those things were designed and intended to kill. Why don’t you mention gliders? After all this is the subject of this thread! Gliders kill too. In fact, I know more people who were killed by gliders than by guns. Way more. So by your logic, gliders are probably more dangerous. Maybe we should ban gliders? Yet I love gliders since they were designed to give us pleasure and achievements. They were not designed to kill. It is an unfortunate cost. Yet I hate guns, even though I carried and used guns while in the army. Guns designed to kill. This includes hunting BTW..
I usually avoid politics on RAS. But when folks like Greg bring guns as the reason to want to live in the US just boils my blood. He could have skipped it, but he intentionally brought it up to **** off many, probably most of us. I am glad Jonathan responded. And I am probably going to regret I did. But couldn’t help it. I know quiet a few gun lovers, like you Dan, and I can be their friends, just stop throwing it in our face. There is nothing to be proud of owning a gun. Be proud of your stemme and the great adventures you have in it. Ok, nough said.

Ramy