Old December 3rd 19, 07:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Put your money where the risk is

On Friday, November 29, 2019 at 7:51:47 PM UTC-8, 2G wrote:
On Friday, November 29, 2019 at 7:08:21 PM UTC-8, wrote:
No, I'm sorry, but you DON'T get it.

Tom

Tom don't you want others to have the same safety level you have? Let us all come together in the cult of airmanship. Believe and immortality is yours.

No, I'm sorry, you DON'T get it.

Tom

I know I don't get it! I've read through this entire thread and I still cannot figure out what your point is exactly. Could you clarify it in one paragraph so we all understand what exactly we are discussing? As best I can understand it... we all agree that poor airmanship happens, and that it is a major cause of accidents. I think you have also agreed that there is at least some (perhaps tiny) percentage of incidents that are not due to poor airmanship. Near as I can tell the rest of us are talking about out how to minimize our own personal probability of being the cause of an accident to ourselves or others while flying a glider. I'm having a hard time understanding why it matters that we determine if the total percentage of poor airmanship is 75%, 95% or 99.999% the cause... And a more minor point, I know that my airmanship is not even close to 95% perfect (I've been flying long enough to have proof) and I think I'm pretty hot **** Are you saying you have perfected airmanship to the degree that you have eliminated that risk for yourself entirely and that other considerations are not worth analyzing because the overwhelming cause of accidents is poor airmanship? I ask honestly and without malice. Frustrated perhaps, but honestly.