Old June 21st 11, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen[_3_]

Default Spectra winching question

Hi Bill,
got any pics of the 20" disk?

We use spectra as you know. We just put cg hooks on our club gliders.
Wow what difference from nose hooks. The day we flew was 90' cross and
the gliders now get the same altitude they did on the nose hook with
wind down the runway. Our runway gives about 4,000'. Got 1400' on the
126 with a conservative launch as we were testing the newly installed
hooks. Then got away in light lift for 1/2 or so. Not bad for a $10
launch! Of course in my ship with the wind down the runway I was
consistently getting 1900'. Plenty to soar away with!

We use one of the large chutes from Germany. it weighs a lot and I
wonder if it does cause a lot of drag.

Steve