Old October 3rd 13, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Mt Everest Gliding with Sebastian Kawa

While hang gliders and paragliders have soared over the summit and launched from the summit, I believe no one had soared to the top of Everest from lower elevation before. If this is the intention, it is definitely not clear from the web site. It sounds like the plan is to "glide" to the top which I imagine could be done by towing to the to as Angelo did with a hang glider behind an Ultralight nearly 10 years ago. Perhaps a better and more accurate description of his plans will generate more excitement.

Ramy