Old January 19th 05, 02:50 AM
mindenpilot

I did all of my training in C172s/C152s, with about 8 hours in a warrior,
too.
In October I bought a Beech Super III.
Of course, I love my Beech more, but surprisingly not because it's a low
wing.
It's all the other little things about my plane that I like better.

1. 200HP vs. 160HP in a 172
2. Six seats (admittedly, the back row is tiny, but hey, so are my kids)
3. Trailing link suspension. I can't even describe what a difference this
makes! It makes crappy landings seem like greasers.
4. The view is amazing (not just wing position, but the windscreen is a huge
wrap-around bubble)
5. The cabin seems HUGE inside
6. A little better climb and cruise (I see 300fpm to 700fpm (more when it's
cold and I'm light) at 5-6000MSL, and about 120KTAS)
7. It just looks cool ;-)

I still like high wing planes, and I would own a U206 in a minute.
Like I said, though, you'll probably find lots of little things that you
like better, too.
With an Arrow, it will probably be SPEED!

Adam
N7966L
Beech Super III