Old May 16th 05, 02:21 PM
Garner Miller

In article , James Robinson
wrote:

You proved my point. Of all the captains at Delta, for example, how
many have been there 30 years? And how many are on the 777? Far, far
fewer than the entire pilot pool, I assure you.

Certainly true, but you also suggested that a six-figure salary was
something to be dreaming of, yet a 10-year captain at the majors flying
a narrow-body at $150,000 to $175,000 is well into six figures.

Of course. But average all the airline pilots, and we don't all makes
a quarter-million a year, and that's been my point from the beginning.
The media distorts that fact on a regular basis, making us all look
like millionaires. I wish!

--
Garner R. Miller
ATP/CFII/MEI