Old October 12th 05, 06:25 PM

I always find this type of advertising thread rather amusing. Almost
all businesses in the Soaring Industry respect the charter of the RAS.
How would you like all commercial businesses associated with Soaring to
post on the RAS with the disclaimer that ?

I'm sure that someone will feel that I'm posting a commercial post here
which I've been told is a no no. I believe that most owners or users
of My Special Soaring Product or service will be glad that I announced
the availability of this new version of my product or service.

Advertiser in:

Soaring Magazine 36

Soaring Australia 15

Glidding Kiwi 7

Sailplane & Gliding 59

Maybe my count is not exactly correct but that would be approximately
117 posts. Then lets add the

Manufactures 50 maybe more just a guess.

Now let get even more ridiculous!

Real Estate Agents in soaring areas 150 Maybe multilply this by 10
for all new listings and the agents I forgot to count. 1500. We could
have our own RAS multiple listing service just for soaring areas.

Total number ??????? approximately maybe many more!

I am sure that several people that frequent the RAS would find
something that is informative and a service in a post by each of the
above.

Many of us don't.

Now the question. Should I really click the post button?

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Greg Arnold wrote:
Yes, except for postings like Paul's on RAS, there really is no way to
learn about new soaring products. Rather than muzzling Paul, I think
other vendors (such as Tim) should feel free to also start posting this
type of information, as long as it is posted once for information,
rather than repeatedly as a commercial.

Also, say that I had been looking for a vario, I had just talked to
Paul, and as a result posted "Hey, guess what, I just talked to Paul,
and the Tasman vario now has a new sink sound." I am guessing that post
would be OK. Why is the same post not OK when Paul is the one to post it?

Pete Brown wrote:
Boys:

I am not a customer of Paul's but I appreciate his announcement. If he
limited the announcement to his customers, I wouldn't the information as
quickly or at all.

Announcements like this are not an annoyance, they are public service.
Its a good example of why the free flow of information on the net is so
important.

Pete

Tim Mara wrote:

then why do you continue to do it....
why don't you simply contact your customers directly
tim

Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

"Paul Remde" wrote in message

I'm sure that someone will feel that I'm posting a commercial post
here - which I've been told is a no no. I believe that most owners
of Tasman variometers will be glad that I announced the availability
of this new version.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.