Old October 20th 20, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Metcalfe

Default As heard on 123.3........

At 20:11 20 October 2020, Martin Gregorie wrote:
At least he didn't copy Napoleon's on-the-way back message to
Josephine!

OK, I'll bite. What was Napoleon's message to Josephine??

Go here and scroll down past the photo of a letter he sent her. What
he wrote is definitely NSFW and probably not for here either:

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/...rte-josephine/

Martin is altogether too coy! The (reputed) message was
"Not tonight, Josephine!"
What I have heard for years is tactfully referred to by the
Chicago Tribune c.10 years ago:

"According to legend, French emperor Napoleon finished a military
campaign and wrote a love letter to empress Josephine that read,
«Ne te lave pa. Je reviens». (Don't bathe. I'm coming home)."

For those still in need of explanation, may I suggest that his
concern was that she should not smell too much of soap!
J.