Old October 21st 20, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default As heard on 123.3........

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 11:32:10 +0000, James Metcalfe wrote:

Maybe you missed the irony

Could also tie in with the differences between American and British
English, when I was working in NYC in the mid 70s, periodically I'd
notice these differences:

"Move your ass" was evidently an acceptable way for a New Yorker to ask
somebody to make room on a bench or sofa, but would be rude in London.

"Oh, bloody hell, Martin!" as a response to a (work) request to use a
different approach to a task is/was quite OK in London, but seemed to
strike New Yorkers as quite out of order.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org