Old May 7th 04, 01:01 PM

On Thu, 06 May 2004 13:42:11 -0700, David H wrote:

Sad to hear. I hope they get it flying again soon - but most of all I
hope the do plan to keep it flying (as opposed to removing it from flying
status, as happened to a notable B-17 around here). Yes, these planes are
valuable treasures, but some of them need to keep flying.

David Herman
Boeing Field (BFI), Seattle, WA
N6170T 1965 Cessna 150E
Visit the Pacific Northwest Flying forum:
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pnwflying

I know that the airplane's name "Aluminum Overcast" is meant to imply
a large airplane, but during WWII, it meant something entirely
different. The fighter pilots had be carefull about flying underneath
the bomber formations because there was considerable danger from being
hit by falling parts from all the bombers being blown apart. They
called it the "aluminum overcast."

Corky Scott