Old July 25th 03, 06:46 PM
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, (Corky Scott)
wrote:

...You will see by reading below that
the FAA requires a FAR (pun not
intended) less rigorous test for
aircraft engines than Detroit
does voluntarily for their street
engines.

And I will make the obligatory observation that Detroit tests it's car
motors for car service, and the FAA dictates tests that validate (to
some degree, at least) suitability for aviation service. The qualities
of one _may_ carry over to the other, but there are absolutely no
guarantees of that.

I happen to like auto conversions, because I think that they're
interesting and because I value resourcefulness. But I don't think
I'll be an early adopter. As soon as we see entire FWF auto conversion
packages that pass these tests (Detroit's or the FAA's), I'll sit up
and take notice.

Thanks, and best regards to all

Bob K.