Old November 27th 04, 11:36 PM
BTIZ

I've heard that happens at Minden.. the rotor is right over the airport..
I've been watching your threads on the Super III, I have Beech Sport and
Sundowner time, lots of fun those Beeches.. once you learn how to handle
them..

BT

"mindenpilot" wrote in message

"BTIZ" wrote in message
Hint... go back to the 2000fpm up... get high enough to go over the
rotor.. move east away from the rotor to find sinking air.. and come back
in to the airport.. don't fly through rotor..

Another hint.. get a glider rating.. add-on check ride counts as a BFR,
and learn what the glider pilots know about the MindenWave..

BT

The updtraft was on the west side of the clouds, and the downdrdaft on the
east side.
Further east was another updraft.
The airport just happens to be right between the updraft and downdraft,
right below the clouds where most of the turbulence was.
Even understanding this didn't make it any less turbulent.
I enjoy riding the wave, and have done it before, but it was just a crappy
day to be up there.

Adam
N7966L
Beech Super III