Old March 9th 05, 11:32 PM
Jack Linthicum

meta man wrote:
Why would it be OK to nuke Aleppo or Damascus but not Washington DC

or
New York?

Jack Linthicum wrote:
Rob Arndt wrote:

No, Syria first. Let's see a show of hands of how many people here
would like to see Damascus up in smoke?

Rob

As I understand it Assad is from Aleppo, the usual back and forth

is
between Homs and Aleppo. Damacus is like Washington, DC the rulers

only
go there to rule their power base is in the home town. Nuke Aleppo

and
see how that works.

We have a large number of people who post regularly on this thread
whose basic theme is either kick the **** out an individual, bomb his
home town or eradicate the country/people he professes to be a part of.
I just though it would be fun to see if any of the idiocy was valid. I
used to work with an Air Force Colonel who usually wore civilian garb
to work. He had a very stylish lapel pin in the shape of the old peace
sysmbol, slightly modified with little jet engines to make it resemble
a B-52, his airplane. The slogan on the pin was "drop it".