Old September 21st 10, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Berry[_2_]

Default wings came off

In article
,
Mike the Strike wrote:

On Sep 20, 3:11*pm, Berry wrote:
In article ,

*"hinterland" wrote:
http://www.ledauphine.com/isere-sud/...are-un-planeur...
que-en-plein-vol

What sort of glider was that? Wings looked sort of like an Lo-100, but
the fuselage looked like a pod-and-boom affair. One of the wings
appeared to chop off the tailboom as the fuselage was tumbling.

Good thing it was equipped with a ballistic chute. I think it might have
been hard to get out of with it tumbling like that and not too high
either.

Since Coupe Icare is primarily a hang-glider/paraglider event, I think
it is safe to assume that this was an ultralight, possibly foot-
launched aircraft.

No doubt we will be further enlightened by our European colleagues in
due course.

Mike

Mike

Ah, I see now. Thanks.

Pretty little machine. Must be great fun to soar those microlift
machines. Not so good for aerobatics, apparently.

Hey, make these gliders cheap enough and we'll have a new "extreme
sport" with competitors vying to produce the most spectacular in-flight
breakup.