Old March 9th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Japanese plane - shrouded pusher w/winggrids

In article et,
Richard Lamb wrote:

The story goes Steve decided to test this eye-dia by modifying one wing tip.
He took off and tip-toed around the pattern holding near full aileron to hold
near level. Landed, rolled it back into the hanger and fixed the OTHER tip.

Steve's tip modification did indeed reduce the sink rate for any given speed.
Ergo...

Richard

May you always have a Tailwind...

Is there someplace on the web with information on the Witman wing tip
design? I'd love to have a write up with the particulars without having
to buy a set of Tailwind plans. I've looked all over the web and haven't
found it. I have a little wood wing homebuilt that would dearly love to
have those wingtips.

Thanks

Wallace