Old September 28th 04, 03:34 PM
Aaron Coolidge

G.R. Patterson III wrote:
: Jay Honeck wrote:
:
: Incidentally, this is our first experience flying the 235 without wheel
: pants. We trued out at about 135 knots on the way to Wisconsin yesterday,
: in absolutely calm air. Since we normally true out around 142, the fancy
: pants apparently net us 5 to 7 knots.

: Anyone know how much improvement the stock pants yield?

George, on my 180 I was hoping for a 1 to 2 knot improvement by going from
naked wheels to the stock wheel pants. I got nothing. Zero speed increase.
But, the wheel pants nicely match the paint scheme, and they do keep the sun
off of the tires, so there is some value to them.
If I could get 5 to 7 knots out of the wheel pants that Jay has, I would
strongly consider them - sounds like I could.
--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)