Old November 17th 04, 01:37 PM
Waduino

Good links. I didn't know about the Exel. Strange looking but the guy makes
an excellent point about not having to raise the pylon and change flight
characteristics while you're wanting to light the engine and, at times at
least, also trying to setup for an outlanding.
What I like is that it is a glider first, some other motorgliders don't
really seem to be designed to do any real thermalling.
Does Ka6 performance pass for moderate? I think it passes the "affordable
self-launching fun" test but it makes a PW-5 look positively handsome ;-)
Wad.

"Greg O'Sullivan" wrote in message
Waduino wrote:
Eric Greewall wrote...
A moderate performance, moderately priced motorglider might be just what
it takes to get them into the sport!

So what is the closest we can get to this today, right now, check-signing
pen ready to write? Moderate performance, moderate price, quality glider,
or in other words affordable self-launching fun.
Wad.

Silent: http://www.alisport.com/eu/eng/index.html
Apis: http://www.apisgliders.com/index.html
Excel: http://www.alpaero.com/