Old September 26th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
RandyL

Default Why Isn't Vx The Best Rate Of Climb?

Here is something that I have always wondered about, but have yet to
hear a good explanation for. Vx is the best angle of climb speed for an
aircraft. Vy is the best rate of climb for an aircraft. I can't seem to
visualize why Vx is not the best rate of climb. To my feeble way of
thinking, Vx - the best climb angle - gets you to the highest altitude in
the shortest period of time, no? Why is that not the best rate of climb? I
hope someone can enlighten me on this. I know that there must be a good
explanation, but as I said, I just can't visualize it. Thanks...

Randy L.
--
Remember: Any landing that you can
walk away from, is a landing that you