Old April 5th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default "End of an era: USN's Tomcats make their final approach before decommissioning"

Jim wrote:

Having a TS shop with a lot of locks was great while on ship. We worked on
the ECM gear and the IFF crypto keys so the shop was like a vault. No one
could get in without being on the list. Had a young BIG marine guard to
enforce the policy. MAAs couldn't get in even the leading CPO couldn't come
into the workbench area. Needless to say - we had fun with that. FOOD,
DRINK and MUSIC and it only got up to 80 degrees there. Life was good! ;(

Just wanted you guys to know how much I've enjoyed reading this thread.

Please keep posting. As much as I like the stuff that begins "There I was,
out of airspeed and ideas," I also enjoy hearing from the people who kept
'em flying.