Old October 22nd 04, 01:46 AM
Dude

I believe the new skylanes are a little less roomy than yours due to the new
padding, but still likely very comfortable with most pilots. I sit with the
seat pretty far back and high up. This gets me to where I can see, yet
keeps the yoke off my thighs.

I have been described as "mostly legs".

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Dude wrote:

What light planes DO have nice backseats? Also, if you are below 200hp,
you are unlikely going to need much room back there.

My 67 Skylane had lots of room in the back seat once the front seats were
adjusted to flying positiong (they go WAY back for getting into the
front). I'm 6' and once I'd moved the seat forward to a comfortable
flying position, my kids could kneel on the floor behind my seat and use
their seat for a table for their coloring books! In the Arrow, there is
about 6" between the seats vs. probably 16" in the Skylane.

Matt