Old October 28th 03, 03:31 PM
Bill Daniels

"Erik Bennekou (Privat)" wrote in message
k...
Hi!

My old VHF-Transceiver in my LS1-0, is old and getting instable. It is
therefore time for replacement!

I have found Microair 760 VHF Transceiver on the internet. Dual display

and
output 4W.

I have found a dealer of the Transceiver here in Denmark. The Transceiver

is
in use in UltraLight Planes.

Do any of your gliders, have any experiences, positive and negative, using
this Microair 760 VHF Transceiver in gliders.

Best Regards

Erik Bennekou, LS1-0 #002,
Copenhagen, Denmark

I own one and have used a couple of others. When they work, they seem to
work very well. The interface is a bit cumbersome but you get used to that.
Installation cable sets are available from dealers and are probably worth
the money. I made my own cables which work fine but there is a lot of
opportunity to mess up the job.

I have a suspicion that the radio is somewhat sensitive to low voltage.
When the battery is low, you can receive well but your transmissions are
garbage. This is a case where a 14V battery might be a good idea. If this
turns out to be a problem, I will add a separate 14-15V battery just for the
radio. (I'm looking at the 15V Li-Ion laptop batteries.)

I also think that the electret microphone amplifier may be set for the noisy
cockpits of powered aircraft. My cockpit is very quiet so I tend to speak
softly into the mike which under-modulates the signal. This is adjustable
so I may try to boost the mike sensitivity a little.

Bill Daniels