Old September 17th 03, 01:52 PM

Robert Bates wrote:
: How long ago? I recently contacted him about a PA23-180 and he said he
: wasn't interested in working on any more STCs for the time being

He's probably busy laughing his way to the bank. We just put
$1600 into an autogas STC for our Cherokee 180. Doesn't seem worth it,
but there's $1-$1.5/gal difference around here so it'll pay for itself.
I can't complain too loudly, since the addition of fuel pumps, etc was
pretty much an FAA-mandated CYA from a marginal design from Piper to begin
with. So far no ill effects (unless you consider $14/hour fuel burn and
no fouled plugs "ill" effects).

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *