Old May 15th 05, 04:12 PM
Don Stauffer

Sport Pilot wrote:

A compression ignition engine is not always a Diesel engine. Not sure
if Mr. Diesel invented comprssion ignition, but they used to be common
for model aircraft. Though called Diesel's modelers are often reminded
they are not really Diesel's.

Good point. I think Rudy did indeed invent compression ignition. And
the old Ford Proco engine designs were virtually Diesel cycle engines
even though they had spark ignition. In fact, that idea seemed like a
really good one to me, and I would like to know why it never went
anywhere. Was the injection system just to complicated for production?