Old November 7th 06, 08:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

Default $7.42/gallon avgas

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
Anyhoo - looks like Texas has yet _another_ reason to feel inferior:
Houston is smaller than Sitka, Juneau, and Anchorage, Alaska. See:

Ahhh, but those areas have a single city making up the entire metropolitan
area... Houston has various smaller entities that make it up... According to
http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/metro05.prn, we're at 7,706.7
sq-miles...

(I've visited Sitka and Anchorage, but never Houston.

I've visited Sitka and Anchorage also... Nothing memorable... They do have
more right-thinking gun laws there than here though... Probably because they
never had to throw off the yoke of Yankee repression like we have after the
War of Northern Aggression...

while I can't think of anything memorable
about my short visit to Fort Worth, Texas.

Well, that was probably because you spent 3 hours just driving around DFW
trying to get out of there... Yeah, it's a big airport, but most of us
around here can manage it in less than 2 hours... ****in' tourists -- always
driving slow...