Old April 2nd 21, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default new SSA web site

On 4/2/2021 1:37 PM, wrote:
On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 12:19:59 PM UTC-4, JC Garrison wrote:
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 8:48:43 PM UTC-4, GeneReinecke wrote:
Wow. Are we all being overly cranky as an April Fool's day joke? Give the low-paid IT people a few days to get it right! This is not a Covid vaccine reservation site, an investment app or even OLC! Lighten up guys, give it a couple of days and everything will be all right!
Sheesh.

In actuality - not all - but most of the people working on this project are not paid at all - they are volunteers. Please Give them a chance to get the details worked
out.....

Best

AE....

I really like the changes, thanks for the hard work to all involved.

Some of the changes I've seen I really dislike. Having to wait a long
time for each page to load, since it's loading pieces from Facebook and
Google etc, is very annoying. "Frames" were universally hated 20 years
ago, don't bring them back! (And don't replace them with a pop-over
either - the new scourge that I hope will go the way of pop-up windows:
blocked by all browsers.) No videos should play unless you click on
them. We should need only one login (without Captcha) for all parts of
the system. And please add a "site map" page. Thanks!