Old April 16th 20, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Video on contest safety

The Gaggle problem and Leeching issue is not not going away, no matter what..
Gaggles form up because pilots are joining up in the best lift in the area with the best pilots; what do we expect pilots to do? Leave the best guys and thermals to go off on there own? Not gonna happen. Luckily Flarm has really helped with the mid air gaggle issue, it works!
We owe B4 a
Big
Thank you for making this mandatory early on in his meets when there were na-sayers out there
Thank You Bruno Vassel!!

Leeching has been happening since the first two gliders got together under a cloudstreet and is also not going anywhere. Under any conditions, I see Karl Streideck or Tim Taylor or Dave Leonard head out in front of me I'm probably going to follow, they are simply smarter than me. And its more fun to fly with your friends, thats why I go to contests, to fly with my friends..
The above "Problems" are due too human nature. We want to stay up to start with and go faster and further, groups obviously do both better.

You don't need to be a Rocket Scientist to figure that out.
Fly Safe in 2020
Nick
well known to gaggle and leech with the best of 'em