Old January 16th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Headset: Unexpected safety bonus

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 03:20:46 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

In addition to the ANR, I still use foam earplugs and then turn up the
radio. That makes it even clearer.

You put earplugs in your ears, and then turn up the volume?

Isn't that sorta like holding the brakes whilst flooring the accelerator?
What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?

George and David answered the acoustical part (BTW, years ago, before
there were headsets, I used earplugs just to listen to the speaker,
for the reasons they give.), but as a newly-returned-to -the-activity
motorcycle rider, I note that what you describe is pretty much what is
necessary to pass the m'cycle driving test in most states today.

(Unless you pass the MSF course, which I did today, without using that
Jerry Paladino technique.)

Don