Old October 19th 20, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Graham Stanford[_2_]

Default Fuel fo ASK 14 motorglider

At 17:01 19 October 2020, BG wrote:
On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 1:00:07 PM UTC-7, Graham

Stanford wrote:
Just bought an ASK 14 motorglider and reading the flight

manual=20
etc. The fuel required is noted as octane 80 normal gasoline

mixed=20
with two stroke oil at a ratio of 20/1.=20
=20
The chap that owned it before me ran it on normal unleaded

with=20
shell vsx at a ration of 30/1.=20
=20
I=E2=80=99m sure this is ok but I wanted to see what

anyone else
currentl=
y=20
uses?=20
=20
Thanks=20
=20

The oil to gas ratio is function of oil type and not fundamental to

a 2
str=
oke engine design. The 20:1 ratio sounds like conventional oil

and not
syn=
thetic. Most pure synthetics are 50:1. A down side to

conventional oil
is=
they burn very dirty with lots carbon buildup in the cylinder,

ports and
=
are very prone to fouling the plug Synthetics burn much

cleaner though
no=
t perfect.
Buzz