Old March 8th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
John[_1_]

Default Fallon Naval Air Station

On Mar 8, 10:18 am, "Austin Powers" wrote:
I'm not interested in getting on to the base, as a civilian, I'm principally
in getting photos of the aircraft flying (that's a hobby of mine).

"qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in oglegroups.com...

On Mar 8, 2:07 am, "Austin Powers" wrote:
I have some spare time and am interested in driving up to Fallon to see
what
goes off up there.

Can anyone let me know what kind of flying takes place there and what
(and
where) you can see? Any frequencies would be appreciated.

Thanks.

USN version of Nellis. All USN strike warfare training and development
there. Not sure you can even get on the base as a civilian.- Hide quoted text -

It may be a matter of luck, but back in the mid-1980's, while driving
east of Fallon on US 50, I saw some strikers working a range that was
situated south of the highway. I would guess (and it's a WAG) that I
was about 35 to 40 miles east of Fallon.

I have no idea what ranges NAS Fallon uses today or if any of them are
visible from an area accessable to the public. If you go, you might
ask a local, but a caution: not everyone in the area loves the Navy.

Take care . . .

John