Old September 25th 05, 05:29 AM
abripl

Tim,

Wish you posted this before. I kind of suspected possibly cleaning it
but was afraid of messing it up. I sent it back to Rapco who refused to
warranty service it but gave me a discount deal on a new replacement
pump.

Tim Hickey wrote:
If you do not hear the vanes fall, they most likely are "hung up" due
to some contamination. Open the pump, and clean everything. Put it
back together. I use a little silicon seal to act as a gasket on the
back joint of the pump.
I think that the pumps fail when the vane gets sticky and refuses to
slide in and out of the slot in the rotor. I know that the slots in
the rotor will wear larger eventually, but I listen to my pump every
25 hours at the oil change and have had to clean the pump twice in the
last 250 hours. The pump now has about 800 hours on it.