Old March 21st 21, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Behm

Default Glider for heavy Pilot

On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 6:55:24 AM UTC-7, Hank Nixon wrote:
We are looking at what gliders may be suitable for heavy pilots. Gross weight, max mass of non lifting components, and forward CG limits. Subject pilot weighs 280 lb.
Ant experience out there?
Thx
UH

UH-

I have been wondering if anyone in the past has modified a dual seat glider into a single seat for heavy pilots.
I would think it would be possible and an option, although getting it done and approved might be a bigger problem.
Doing this to a high performance 2 seat glider seems like it would be an attractive option for large and heavy glider pilots.

Regards,
Chris Behm