Old August 8th 20, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Default § 61.87 (i)

Shaun,

You're right! It's often overlooked for various reasons. Most commonly (that I have seen) is that the CFI-G hasn't reviewed the Student pilot solo requirements in a while. I recall that a few years ago there were 15 requirements: now it looks like there are 19. The long-time CFI-G tend to miss things like that which have changed in the last few years. The FARs aren't quite as static as we think.

When I was a Designated Examiner, it was not unusual to find those kinds of omissions in logbooks.

Mike