Old April 22nd 05, 03:35 PM
Dan Girellini

Dylan Smith writes:

I also observed when I was living in the US, soccer tended to be a
girl's game - as did field hockey (to the extent that I read in a
newspaper a couple of years ago how a boy who wanted to play hockey had
to wear the girl's uniform, including a skirt, to play it...)

Field hockey is definitely considered a woman's sport here (you can find coed
club teams but generally with European men). Soccer, though, is equally
embraced by men and women (at least where I live on the east coast).

Dan.

--
"Ad Astra Per Alia Porci" PGP Key Id:0x507D93DF