Old March 1st 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

Default Wooden Propellers

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
Kyle Boatright wrote:

snip

From a non-owner's viewpoint, I think wooden props are a thing of
aeronautical beauty and are sadly missed. A laminated, fixed pitch
prop is almost an object of sculpture.

Not meaning to wax lyrical, but a nicely crafted wooden prop is infinitely
more interesting to look at than an alloy job or a compressor stage.

I used to own a Piper Vagabond with a wooden prop. It sat outside, so I had
to revarnish the prop often. I recall very vividly admiring the beauty of
the wood when I did this job.

Danny

--

Cheers