Old August 16th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Kyle Boatright

Default Mini Lathes

In the spirit of the Harbor Freight thread, I was at the local Tractor
Supply Co today and came across their version of the 7 x 12" mini-lathe.
Apparently, they are discontinuing the item as it was on sale for $388.
Plenty of places carry similiar lathes, the backstory being that all of them
are supposedly made at the same factory in China. The best deal I've found
other than the one at TSC is at toolsnow.com and is $399 plus about $60 in
shipping... Harbor Freight lists theirs at $499.

Thoughts? What creative uses can a homebuilder and handyman find for a
little lathe like this?