Old August 16th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Mini Lathes

"Joe Chisolm" wrote

I got one of the Smithy units years ago when they used to have a booth
at Sun-N-Fun. I'm not sure what their lowest price unit is these
days, but I would expect it's more than the HF unit. The Smith is not
a bad unit and was a good fit for me, as a novice using a lathe or mill.
I've made a lot of parts with it. Now that I have some time under my belt
with a lathe and mill, I'd like to move up to a higher quality, larger
machine one day.

Clever manufacturers of those many lathes! You're hooked! ;-)

Just like the progression of drugs. You keep needing stronger and stronger
stuff!

You got hooked with a mini lathe, now you have to move up to the heroine of
the tool world, a bigger and badder gear engine lathe!

I'm not going there. I know I would quickly be hooked! g
--
Jim in NC